HEALTH & SAFETY
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work, (General Applications) Regulations 2007, Chapter 4 of Part 2, outline the requirements that must be adhered to in relation to manual handling.
The key requirements include:
- Carrying out a manual handling risk assessment of existing manual handling tasks before making an informed decision on what manual handling tasks need to be avoided or reduced.
- Organising tasks to allow the use of mechanical or other means to avoid or reduce the need for the manual handling of loads by employees in the workplace. The hazards can be avoided or reduced through the introduction of appropriate organisational measures for example improved layout of a work area to reduce unnecessary long carrying distances; or the use of appropriate means, in particular mechanical equipment.
- Providing instruction and training to relevant staff. We can provide this training on your site. Course duration – ½ Day.
WHAT WE DO
OUR HEALTH & SAFETY TEAM
Our Health & Safety team is led by Mick Whelan. Mick has gained a vast amount of Health & Safety experience over the years in various different industries such as construction, landscaping, kitchen installation, pharmaceutical, warehousing, aero turbine repair and the recycling/waste management industry.
Mick feels passionately about Heath & Safety, fueled by personal experiences. While working in a broad range of industries Health & Safety was always a priority and a passion and over the years Mick has continually added professional qualifications to his CV.
Mick’s aim is to deliver a professional safety service with a practical approach.
View Some Of Mick’s Qualifications:
- MDAL Safety Solutions Training »
- FETAC Level 6 – Train the Trainer »
- FETAC Level 6 – Instructing Manual Handling »
- Lifting Equipment Accessories Inspection – In-Service Training »
- Fire Wardens/Fire Extinguisher Instructor Training »
- DSE Assessors Training »
- National University of Ireland – Diploma in Safety, Health & Welfare at Work »
- Chemical Awareness Training »
- Internal QMS Auditor Training »
- Portable Appliance Testing Training »